|Version 8 (modified by UdoBorkowski, 7 years ago)|
Getting the Source
Here are the steps to set up TortoiseSVN and use it to grab a working copy:
- Make sure you have TortoiseSVN installed ( http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/download.html)
- Right-click on the desktop to get a context popup menu.
- Select "SVN Checkout..." from that popup menu. (A dialog "TortoiseSVN: Checkout" opens.)
- In the "URL of repository:" enter " http://svn.tiddlywiki.org"
- In the "Checkout directory:" enter the path to a convenient local directory that should contain the working copy. (You may use the "..." button to browse for the directory and create new folders.)
- Make sure "HEAD revision" is selected and all other checkboxes are unchecked.
- Press the "OK" button to start the checkout. (A window appears, displaying the checkout progress.)
- When the checkout is completed (last line in the log "Completed At revision: nnn") press the "OK" button to close the progress window.
Now your local directory contains working copies of the files from the server.
To issue SVN commands (like update, commit etc.) just right-click the file/directory of interest and select the SVN command from the context menu.
Here are the steps to set up SvnX and use it to grab a working copy:
- Run SvnX. You should see two windows, one labelled 'Repositories' and one labelled 'Working Copies'
- In the 'Repositories' window, create a new entry using the '+' button. Set the name to 'TiddlyWiki.org' and the path to ' http://svn.tiddlywiki.org/'. (You only need a username and password if you have commit privileges)
- Double click to open the completed entry labelled 'TiddlyWiki.org'. A new window will open, and then may spend a little time with a progress bar showing while it talks to the server
- Make sure that the most recent (highest numbered) revision is checked in the list at the top of the window
- In the column view at the bottom of the window, select the sub-branch of the Subversion repository that you want to work with. Most of the time you'll want to get the latest version, which is in the directory called "Trunk", so select that directory
- Click the 'svn checkout' toolbar button. It will prompt you to choose a directory on your hard drive where the files will be checked out to. (I use /tiddlywiki/trunk)
- Double click on the new entry in the 'Working Copies' window to open it's window
- Click the 'Update' button to bring your local working copy up to date with the server - the first time you do it will mean pulling down every file, but subsequently it's smart enough to only pull down the files that have changed
Now you should be able to browse your local copy of the repository.