Ticket #16 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Integrate facilities for importing/updating tiddlers
|Reported by:||JeremyRuston||Owned by:||JeremyRuston|
Description (last modified by JeremyRuston) (diff)
To support both interactive and automatic variants, the idea is to define some basic standards and library code to support them, but allow for implementation variations to suit specific needs. It's the plumbing to bootstrap the ability to install more elaborate plugins (for example, to perform full content synchronisation).
Out of the box, the desired user features are:
- To open a remote TiddlyWIki file (via file:, http: or https:) and browse a ListView? of available tiddlers
- To import selected tiddlers into the current document
- It should allow for additional actions (eg appending content) to be added by plugins
- To automatically check for, download and install upgrades for installed plugins
- More generally, to maintain a subscription list of remote TiddlyWiki files/URLs and manually or automatically import tiddlers from those TiddlyWikis? that match specified criteria
- For example, I might specify to only get the tiddlers from http://www.tiddlytools.com/index.html that are tagged 'jeremyruston', or that have the same title as one of my own tiddlers, or to just refresh tiddlers that I've already imported in the past
- To upgrade the core TiddlyWiki code
See LoadingAndSaving for information about exporting content.